Votizen is a consumer technology company dedicated to help voters have a greater impact in the political process by creating a new political currency based on voter-to-voter connections and increasing the importance of relationships in civic engagement. The Votizen API is a REST API which allows developers to directly harness the power of Votizen into their applications.
The Votizen API boasts a number of unique features, including:
- Candidates & Politician Database
- Votizen maintains a set of political candidates and politicians with contact information to their campaigns and URLs to their online identities.
- Candidates range from those running for the Presidential election to those running for their local city councils.
- The data is updated on a daily basis.
- Nationwide Voter Records
- The heart of the Votizen API is in the 185 million voter records compiled and normalized from Election Divisions within The Secretary of State department from each state.
- Robust Voter Identification
- Voters may be identified from fragmented contact information. Many voters can be identified by only their full name and birthday. It only takes milliseconds to identify a voter.
- Voters may also be identified from nothing but their online identities such as their Facebook or Twitter usernames. This feature is currently planned for future release.